Things I am loving about 2008 already:
- Getting a free wardrobe and telly from my neighbour who was getting rid of stuff
- The new series of Jam and Jerusalem
- And Come Dine With Me
- Getting some cheap make-up and perfume in the Jan sales
- Discovering I have so many toiletries I won’t need to buy any (save haircare) for months
- Ditto chocolate
- My messy cupboard no longer being messy
Things I hope will happen in 2008:
- Getting PhD funding second time round
- Getting enough teaching work this semester and a decent summer job
- Having some kind of breakthrough in the whole God area
- The Booker list will be interesting
- I will discover some great new music
- Saving enough cash to go to Berlin for a mini-hol
- Completing The Masks of Nyarlothotep with VICTORY rather than the end of the world
- Kylie’s X tour being on DVD or TV so I can see it
- Neighbours getting good again, and five treating it well
Things I am really looking forward to in 2008:
- Going to London to visit the British Library AND to meet Carrie, Steven and Christopher
- Seeing Richard, Kathryn, Emily and Joannah and hearing how vicar factory is going and seeing how the kids have grown.
- Seeing Mirrie and Rosie grow, especially getting to have more actual conversations with Rosie.
- Having my hair coloured again
- Going to the spa and getting a back massage at some point. Maybe as a birthday present to myself.
- Turning 28. At long bloody last the twenties are nearing their end.
- Celebrity Masterchef
- The Apprentice
- And this:
Happy New Year!!!